default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

Falcons defeat Michigan State Spartans

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Friday, February 8, 2013 10:10 pm

The BG hockey team extended its home win streak to six games by defeating Michigan State, 2-1, Friday night at the BGSU Ice Arena.

Tommy Burke started in goal in place of Andrew Hammond, who was out with a knee injury. Burke stopped 17 of 18 shots to pick up his third win of the season.

Hammond suffered the injury Wednesday in practice. His status for Saturday's game at Michigan State is unknown.

The Falcons scored two power play goals in the game. Ben Murphy scored his third goal of the season early in the first period on a bad-angle shot. The goal game 53 second after Greg Wolfe out Michigan State on the board with a shorthanded, breakaway goal.

Ryan Carpenter scored the go-ahead goal 12:25 into the second period on a one-timer off a pass from Mark Cooper. The goal extended Carpenter's point streak to 13 games.

The win gives BG 28 points in the Central Collegiate Hockey Association standings. The Falcons jumped Lake Superior for seventh in the league standings.

More about

More about

More about

• Discuss

Rules of Conduct

• 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Welcome to the discussion.

Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service at BGSU

Students discuss their March Madness brackets
Freshman Ted Pletsch

Freshman Ted Pletsch talk to us about his and the teams overall performance versus No. 8 Notre Dame.

Coach Chris Bergeron

Coach Bergeron talks to us about the teams progress and goaltender Andrew Hammond after BG's 2-1 ...

A week in review: Week of Feb. 7