default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

Movie Review: "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part Two" anticlimatic end to franchise

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size
Loading…

Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 10:18 pm

Grade: C

“The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2” was definitely the best Twilight movie yet, which is not to say that makes it a good movie.

If you’re a fan of “Twilight,” you will love the finale. If you’re a fan of movies with an interesting plot, don’t bother seeing this film. Basically, it’s exactly what you would be expecting for the ending to this saga.

“Breaking Dawn Part 2” had everything you would expect from a “Twilight” film — beautiful shots of the forest, a pretty cast, some digital wolves and an excellent soundtrack.

There were, in fact, noticeable improvements from the previous installments.

The most noticeable for me was the acting.

Well, Taylor Lautner is still just there for something pretty to look at, but “Twilight” stars, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, have improved dramatically since the first film.

The movie opens with Bella (Stewart) waking up as a vampire for the first time.

She hunts, has sex with Edward (Pattinson), and begins raising her half-human, half-vampire daughter, Renesmee.

Everything is going smoothly until the Volturi, a coven of Italian vampires, find out about the child. Thinking the child had been changed into a vampire, they prepare to come attack.

About an hour into the film is when the “fight” ensues and it is the only scene that had my full attention.

Most of the movie was so boring that I contemplated taking a nap mid-way through.

The movie drags on so much that most of the screen time was filled with close ups of the actors with confused looks on their faces. This was probably because the movie was split without enough content to fill the time of two entire movies.

In order to fill that time, there is a plot twist towards the end with the Volturi battle that no one was expecting.

It actually made for a surprisingly watchable part of the movie.

I observed a communal feeling of boredom from the audience as well, which I thought was strange seeing as this was the “epic finale” of the super-popular Twilight franchise. I expected that at the midnight premiere, there would be loads of rambunctious fans. But it seems that the Twilight fad has overstayed it’s welcome and has finally faded away.

More about

More about

• Discuss

Rules of Conduct

• 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Welcome to the discussion.