default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

Lead singer from Of Mice & Men arrested Saturday morning

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Monday, April 1, 2013 12:43 am | Updated: 4:21 pm, Mon Oct 7, 2013.

Of Mice and Men’s lead singer and drum technician were released from the Wood County Justice Center on Monday shortly after their video arraignment, according to Wood County Sheriff’s Office officials.

Austin Carlile and Loniel Robinson II were arrested early Saturday morning for felonious assault in downtown Bowling Green and lodged in the county jail.

Their bonds were set at $25,000 and posted by a bail bondsman on Monday, according to Bowling Green Municipal Court officials. 

Carlile and Robinson have a preliminary hearing on April 15 at 9 a.m. at the municipal court, according to their court dockets.

Representing Carlile will be attorney Michael B. Kelley. No one is currently listed to represent Robinson, according to the docket.

Chad Lehner, assistant to Of Mice and Men’s agent Dave Shapiro, said they had no comment on Carlile’s or Robinson’s incident during the weekend.

Lehner was unable to provide information on whether Of Mice and Men would be making its performance in Cleveland at Peabody’s.

After playing its first show in Bowling Green at the Cla-Zel, Of Mice & Men’s lead singer was arrested and jailed early Saturday morning.

Carlile, 25, of Huntington Beach, Calif., was arrested for felonious assault outside of 149 North at 2:50 a.m. along with  Robinson II, 27, of Escondido, Calif., according to police reports.

Police responded to a fight between two groups of people in the street and one person lying on the ground unconscious, leading to the arrest of Carlile and Robinson, said Sgt. Jason Stanley of the Bowling Green Police Division.

What constitutes as felonious assault instead of disorderly conduct is the amount of physical harm, Stanley said.

The victim was transported to Wood County Hospital with fractured nasal bones, he said.

As of Sunday, there was no record of the victim being in the hospital, said Stephanie Rath, switchboard operator for Wood County Hospital.

Carlile and Robinson were lodged in the Wood County Justice Center with no bond and are scheduled for a video arraignment with the municipal court at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, according to Wood County Sheriff officials.

Of Mice & Men headlined at the Cla-Zel on Friday, after which it was going to play with A Day To Remember in Detroit on Saturday.

The band was unable to play the show as well as its Sunday show in Grand Rapids, Mich., according to the band’s Facebook.

More about

More about

• Discuss

Rules of Conduct

• 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Welcome to the discussion.

Follow us on Facebook